In the field of refractories for the steel industry COMETAL offers the complete range of shaped products from Puyang Refractories PRCO, which is the largest refractory supplier to the Chinese steel industry.
PRCO manufactures all types of refractories (shaped and unshaped) for various steelmaking applications. It produces some 700,000 tons of refractories in 13 production plants, with 23 subsidiaries around the world: USA, India, Korea, Russia, Ukraine, Serbia.
PRCO owns 5 mines located in China: 2 bauxite and 3 magnesia mines. The Tibet mine and smelting plant stands out for its excellent quality and purity of magnesia: (MgO>98.4%, no B and Cl content, CaO/SiO2 >3.5/1 ratio) which facilitates a higher yield (10-30%) of magnesia carbon coatings: BOF converter, electric furnace and ladles.
The most important formed materials manufactured by PRCO are the following:
- Magnesia carbon bricks: BOF, EAF electric furnace and ladle linings.
- AMC and MAC bricks for ladle lining.
- Magnesia chrome bricks for RH lining.
- High alumina bricks for high temperature firing.
- IIsostatic parts (black refractory): submerged pipes, submerged ladles, tundish plugs, etc.
- Parts for ladle and tundish locking mechanisms: Plates, blocks, inner bushings, outer bushings etc.
- Prefabricated parts: porous plugs, tundish parts, furnace vaults, plug and tundish holder blocks, etc.
COMETAL also offers technical assistance with the direct support of Puyang Refractories PRCO.
» View PRCO Catalog