10 years of REACH registrationsJune 21, 2018
For 10 years, chemical companies have assessed the risks of their chemicals used in Europe and submitted that information to ECHA according to the criteria set out in the REACH Regulation.
Today, we know more than ever about the chemicals on the EU market, their properties and impacts. Companies can advise their customers on how to use them safely. ECHA together with national authorities and the European Commission will use the knowledge to design EU-wide measures to protect our citizens and the environment from any harmful effects.
The interactive infographic shows statistical data on the registrations received from the 28 EU Member States and the countries of the European Economic Area, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
- the number of single substances registered, their type of registration (full or intermediate), the type of substance (existing or new) and the approximate total tonnage on the EU market:
- the number of registrations, their type (full or intermediate) and the role of the company that submitted the registration (manufacturer, importer, etc.);
- the most commonly registered chemicals;
- all the above information, filtered by individual EU/EEA country and by year, month or week;
- the number of unique companies that have registered chemicals, the size of their company and their role in the supply chain.
- The data is presented via an interactive map. More detailed information can be accessed by clicking on a country. There is also the possibility to display the data in graphs and tables, and to compare data between two EU countries.